Cheesy Sliced Potatoes Recipe
Your microwave makes this rich and cheesy treatment for sliced potatoes quick to prepare. "It is so delicious and a good change for plain scalloped potatoes," says Jeannine Ricketson of Saugerties, New York.
- 6-1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 1. Place the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes until potatoes are tender and bouillon is dissolved, stirring once.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder; stir in milk until smooth. Pour over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 141 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC