Cheesy Sliced Potatoes Recipe
Your microwave makes this rich and cheesy treatment for sliced potatoes quick to prepare. "It is so delicious and a good change for plain scalloped potatoes," says Jeannine Ricketson of Saugerties, New York.
- 6-1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 1. Place the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes until potatoes are tender and bouillon is dissolved, stirring once.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder; stir in milk until smooth. Pour over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 141 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Sliced Potatoes
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2008
"Delicious and easy!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC