Your microwave makes this rich and cheesy treatment for sliced potatoes quick to prepare. "It is so delicious and a good change for plain scalloped potatoes," says Jeannine Ricketson of Saugerties, New York.
- 6-1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes until potatoes are tender and bouillon is dissolved, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder; stir in milk until smooth. Pour over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Sliced Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p51
Reviews for Cheesy Sliced Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2008
"Delicious and easy!!!"