- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 11 slices (8 ounces) reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Place half of the pasta in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, sour cream and provolone cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Shell Lasagna
Sort By :
"It tasted delicious (I used a butternut squash sauce and a little extra meat - 2 lbs.), however, I think next time I'll mix up a little ricotta and egg with the noodles. It didn't stay together at all and was more like a goulash."
"Wonderful! I used regular sour cream and provolone cheese, not low-fat."
"This was so good, my husband asked to put it on our rotating list. It was easy and the flavors were great. Will be making again."
"Absolutely Delicious!!! However I did leave out the mushrooms cause I don't like them and added ricotta with half the sour cream!! Yummy indeed!"
"Love it!! My whole family loves it!! Excellent recipe and will be made quite often here."