Cheesy Shell Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 11 slices (8 ounces) reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Place half of the pasta in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, sour cream and provolone cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Shell Lasagna
Sort By :
"This was so good, my husband asked to put it on our rotating list. It was easy and the flavors were great. Will be making again."
"Absolutely Delicious!!! However I did leave out the mushrooms cause I don't like them and added ricotta with half the sour cream!! Yummy indeed!"
"Love it!! My whole family loves it!! Excellent recipe and will be made quite often here."
"The sour cream and provolone make this lasagna very unique. Delicous"
"Yummy weeknight dinner or a good potluck choice. I had medium, not small, shells but I think small are better. I also added fennel seed to the sauce as a previous reviewer suggested. I will definitely make this again."