Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 5 large potaotes)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese slices, finely chopped (3/4 cup), divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place a third of the potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each cheese and half of the onions. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes. Pour milk over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 327 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
"I don't understand how anyone gave this recipe 5 stars. It was basically a pan of potatoes in milk. I assume that the flour, milk and cheese are supposed to come together to form a sauce - that never happened. The potatoes tasted fine, but they are NOT scalloped potatoes. I think you are supposed to make the cheese sauce separately and pour it over the sliced potatoes. I will try again using a different recipe."
"easy and really taste good"
"I used Youkon Gold potatoes, sliced thin. I also added garlic powder. Next time I will also add Italin seasoning. It turned out great."
"This is a really good scalloped potatoe recipe. I looked all over to find a nice cheesy one at this one is it! The swiss cheese and onions are really good, but I did use minced dried onion because that's all I had but they softned up and taste wonderful. This is my go to cheesy scalloped potatoe recipe from now on!!"