Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 5 large potaotes)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese slices, finely chopped (3/4 cup), divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place a third of the potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each cheese and half of the onions. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes. Pour milk over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (about 3/4 cup) equals 235 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.