Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These potatoes still have the creamy texture and cheesy flavor your family expects, but this slimmed-down version has less fat and fewer calories.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 5 large potaotes)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese slices, finely chopped (3/4 cup), divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place a third of the potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper; sprinkle half over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each
- cheese and half of the onions. Repeat layers. Top with remaining
- potatoes. Pour milk over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are
- nearly tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 10
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (about 3/4 cup) equals 235 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium,