Cheesy Scalloped Carrots
If you're looking for new ways to prepare the many carrots coming from your garden, this should do the trick. The carrot flavor really comes through.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 to 6 cups sliced or baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Cook until
- crisp-tender. meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion in butter
- until tender. Add soup and cheese; stir until smooth. Drain carrots
- and add to cheese mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 186 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.