Cheesy Sausage Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- 2. Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 304 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Potatoes
"This was good, but much better the next day fried so the potatoes were somewhat browned, and served with scrambled eggs. I used mild Italian sausage, and I think it would have been more interesting with more onions and some peppers mixed in."
"This recipe is so good! I used oil instead of butter and it turned out great! I will definately be making this again."
"Very tasty. Will definitely make again."
"Just made it for a second time. So easy and delishious. I added a 1/2 tsp. of sweet basil to the butter before adding it to the potatoes and use red potatoes so I don't have to peel them."
"These are great. I make them all the time."