Cheesy Sausage Potatoes Recipe
For satisfying brunch, try these tender potato slices with lots of sausage and cheese. “I never have to worry about leftovers with these tasty potatoes,” notes Linda Hill of Marseilles, Illinois. “Everyone loves them and the pan is always empty.” TIP: You can also serve these as a side dish at Sunday supper or for potlucks.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- 2. Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC