For a satisfying brunch, try these tender potato slices with lots of sausage and cheese. I never have to worry about leftovers with these tasty potatoes—everyone loves them and the pan is always empty. You can also serve these as a side dish at Sunday supper or for potlucks. —Linda Hill, Marseilles, Illinois
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Sausage Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p10
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review