Cheesy Sausage Penne Recipe
This lasagna-like entree takes me back to my childhood. I got the recipe from a friend's mother, who fixed it for us when we were kids. I made a few changes to it, but it's still quick and delicious. —Dallas McCord Reno, Nevada
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and onions.
- 3. In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta and sausage mixture. Dollop with half the cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC