Cheesy Sausage Penne Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and onions.
- In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta and sausage mixture. Dollop with half the cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Penne(12)
Sort By :
This is really good, but very indulgent. Everyone liked it, but we all felt like it was a major cheat meal.
I use less cream cheese...
Love this one! Even my VERY picky kids will eat it. It's a family fave!
My mom was the only one in my family that liked this recipe!! Niether my dad or I liked it. The sour cream sauce is too intense and was really really sour. I would make a huge substitution if I was to make this again!! We ate all of it because I didn't want to cook anything else. This is one of only a handful that I have gotten from ToH that we did not like!
A simple recipe with a lot of taste! This is one of my children's favorites.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >