- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes, divided
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Add 2 cups tomatoes and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips over a 12-in. pizza pan. Top with 2 cups cheese and the sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with avocado and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Sausage Nachos in Country April/May 2001, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Nacho Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >