Cheesy Sausage Gravy
P.J. Prusia of Raymore, Missouri appreciates the make-ahead convenience of this breakfast dish shared by a friend many years ago. "I've served this to overnight guests, and they never fail to ask for the recipe."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Warm biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain and remove sausage. In the same skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and
- Stir in soup until blended. Stir in eggs, mushrooms and sausage.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8
- hours. Stir; serve over biscuits. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 318 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium,