Cheesy Sausage Gravy Recipe
P.J. Prusia of Raymore, Missouri appreciates the make-ahead convenience of this breakfast dish shared by a friend many years ago. "I've served this to overnight guests, and they never fail to ask for the recipe."
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Warm biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and remove sausage. In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 2. Stir in soup until blended. Stir in eggs, mushrooms and sausage. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir; serve over biscuits. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 318 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC