Cheesy Sausage Dip
The garlic really comes through in this crowd-pleasing cheese dip. It's one of our family's all-time favorites. I serve it in a slow cooker with a basket of tortilla chips alongside.
64 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour. Stir in the soup, tomatoes,
- onion and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until
- melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 81 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.