"Soon after we moved to Arizona, I received this recipe," pens Anita Meador from her home in Mesa. "It's a big hit with everyone. For a fun variation, add part of a green pepper and some whole kernel corn," she recommends. "Or omit the potatoes and eggs and add your favorite canned beans and a little shredded cheddar cheese." —Anita Meador, Mesa, Arizona
- 1/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup cooked diced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons canned chopped green chilies
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, fry potato and onion until onion is crisp-tender. Add the chilies and pepper. Return sausage to the pan. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are completely set.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon mixture off-center onto tortillas. Fold in bottom and sides of tortilla and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Burritos in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p35
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2015
"This is a keeper!"
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2010
"I had the pleasure of having these breakfast burritos made for me and I assure you they are wonderful. Anita Meador is my ex Mother-in-law and one of the best cooks in the world. Theresa Fern Looney"