- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives, well drained
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Add warm water and mix well. Stir in the egg, butter and seasonings until blended.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in cheese and olives. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into a 12-in. pizza pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, make three or four slashes across top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Round Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p110
Reviews for Cheesy Round Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review