Cheesy Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
Turning plain potatoes into spectacular spuds is what happens whenever I follow this recipe. The cheese and seasonings make them rich and flavorful.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a large skillet or saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add potatoes, seasoned salt, pepper and lemon peel. Remove from the heat. Spoon half into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Combine bread crumbs, butter and rosemary; sprinkle over cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC