Cheesy Rice with Peas Recipe
"I start by assembling Cheesy Rice with Peas, so it can bake while I work on the rest of the meal," she explains. I usually have leftover cooked rice in the refrigerator, so this side dish goes together quickly.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2-1/4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC