Cheesy Ravioli Bake Recipe
It takes less than 30 minutes to prep this hearty, crowd-pleasing meal. Nutmeg, white wine and basil give it an extra-special flavor you just can't help but love. —Margie Williams, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and nutmeg until smooth; gradually add milk and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Drain ravioli; toss with sauce mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 503 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,155 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC