I created this recipe a few years ago for a fifth-grade school project. I love being in the kitchen with my mom and helping her with meal preparations. My whole family was impressed with the few additions I made to these potatoes to make them extra tasty. -Jessica Ryan, Victoria, Texas
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Stir in the cheese, butter and seasoned salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese and butter are melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potatoes in Reminisce March/April 2001, p49
Reviews for Cheesy Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2013
"This is a good quick side dish."
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"I haven't tried these with the bacon, but without they are good. It makes a potatoe side dish that is really tastey."
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2010
"I hate cheesey potatoes but these are the best"