Cheesy Potatoes with Sour Cream
Potatoes add comforting appeal to any meal. This recipe is often requested by my family.—Dona Dickie, Livermore, California
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-1/2 cups (14 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced chives, divided
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a
- boil; cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. In a
- bowl; combine 3 cups cheese, sour cream, soup, butter and 3
- tablespoons chives. Add potatoes; stir gently until potatoes are
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 420 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.