Cheesy Potatoes and Ham
Esther Yoder combines leftover ham with canned soup, cheese and a few other ingredients to make this mashed potato-topped casserole. "My family loves it," notes the Millersburg, Ohio reader.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and butter. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. stir in the ham, onion
- and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 438 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,849 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.