Cheesy Potatoes and Ham Recipe
Esther Yoder combines leftover ham with canned soup, cheese and a few other ingredients to make this mashed potato-topped casserole. "My family loves it," notes the Millersburg, Ohio reader.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. stir in the ham, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potatoes and Ham in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p20
Reviews for Cheesy Potatoes and Ham(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2008
My very favourite way to use up leftover ham, my family loves this dish!