Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and simmer until potato is tender, about 12 minutes.
- 2. Mash mixture with a potato masher. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 199 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Soup