I whipped up this cozy egg bake with potato crowns for an easy “brinner.” Use add-ins you like – sweet peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots. The possibilities are endless. —Amy Lents, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
- 1 pound bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Dash seasoned salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups frozen potato crowns
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add mushrooms and spinach; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted.
- Spoon sausage mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasoned salt until blended; pour over sausage mixture. Layer with cheese and potato crowns.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until set and top is crisp. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potato Egg Bake in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p76
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2016
"The tater tots on top make this really family-friendly. LIke it mentioned in the note, it's very easy to add some extra vegetables. I added some broccoli and red bell pepper that we had in the fridge and that was great!"