Cheesy Potato Chowder Recipe
This chowder was invented by my niece, who took a basic potato soup recipe and added some of her own ingredients. The results were "souperb"! I was a cook at the time, and I tried her recipe at work. It was the hit of the season!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 8 to 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 1. In a large kettle, cook potatoes and carrots in chicken broth until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese, dill weed, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add bacon, reserving 1/2 cup, and milk. Heat through. Top individual bowls with reserved bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 347 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC