Cheesy Potato Chowder Recipe
- 8 to 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 1. In a large kettle, cook potatoes and carrots in chicken broth until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese, dill weed, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add bacon, reserving 1/2 cup, and milk. Heat through. Top individual bowls with reserved bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 347 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Chowder
"This is the best soup we have ever had! I do add more bacon."
"this soup is pretty quick and easy taste great we make it all the time when it gets cold out"