Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the potatoes, onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and bacon. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"I made this dish tonight with a chicken dish and we liked it but we weren't awed by it. While mixing it together, I feared it would come out dry with the bread crumbs and no additional liquid. The texture was similar to a baked stuffing. I believe cutting the bread crumbs in half and adding some cream or milk might help this along.The flavors were very nice. It makes a good side dish if you know what to expect. We were looking for more of a cheesier casserole. My FIL liked it as well and saved what was left. One should note that this makes much more than a serving for 2. It was in a 1 quart casserole, but as a side, it was enough for 4."
"The recipe didn't say to use cooked potatoes, so I shredded them raw, and I think the starch killed the dish. Also, the addition of bread crumbs was rather odd."
"If you enjoy potato pancakes this ones for you. The bacon & cheese is the frosting on the cake."
"No I couldn't because for 2 people and getting a 1 cup serving, the sodium content and the carorie count is far too high. I would love to eat this on a regular basis but it just won't fit into regular diet. It's good though."
"Very good! I doubled the recipe, added a can of green chiles, 1 cup cubed ham, and omitted the bacon then baked as recipe said. Was perfect for the family."