Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
With three boys at home, I no longer have the problem of finding a variety of foods to cook for only two people. But I well remember having to eat casserole leftovers for days when my husband and I were alone. I still have some recipes from those days, and this pared-down dish was a favorite. —Ruth Tacoma, Falmouth, Michigan
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the potatoes, onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and bacon. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 535 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 268 mg cholesterol, 1,241 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC