Cheesy Potato Casserole
When my husband and I were married 12 years ago, my mother gave me a cookbook she created of my favorite recipes. This creamy dish was among them. Now it's popular with my family. I often take it to carry-in suppers.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds) , peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain and mash potatoes. Stir in the onion dip, cottage
- cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or
- until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.