With three boys at home, I no longer have the problem of finding a variety of foods to cook for only two people. But I well remember having to eat casserole leftovers for days when my husband and I were alone. I still have some recipes from those days, and this pared-down dish was a favorite. —Ruth Tacoma, Falmouth, Michigan
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the potatoes, onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and bacon. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potato Casserole in Reminisce Extra February 1997, p47
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review