Cheesy Potato Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, optional
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) au gratin potatoes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix packets, water, milk, butter, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over beef and mushrooms. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Beef Bake
Sort By :
"I made this last night, and it will definitely be in our regular meal plans. The only change I made was instead of using shredded cheese, I topped it with Cheddar flavored French fried onions, since that's what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe, it is a keeper!"
"Good recipe! I made it a little lower in calories, lower in fat, and quicker to make simply by using cubed turkey ham, which requires no pre-cooking, instead of ground beef. With this, it has 210 calories, 11 grams fat, 18 grams carbs, and 10 grams protein. (For even fewer calories, use 2% milk and fat-free cheese!) But it's good either way!"
"I just saw this recipe sounds fantastic! It will be tomorrow nights dinner."
"This casserole is amazing to me! I have 4 children who never like the same thing, although ALL of them loved this!This young lady is going to be a fantastic cook!"