Cheesy Potato Beef Bake Recipe
"I created this layered meat-and-potatoes casserole a few years ago when my mother asked me what I wanted for supper," shares Nicole Rute. "My family thinks it tastes great," adds the 15-year-old Fall River, Wisconsin cook.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, optional
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) au gratin potatoes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix packets, water, milk, butter, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over beef and mushrooms. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potato Beef Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p40
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Beef Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >