Cheesy Potato Bake Recipe
This saucy side dish satisfies even hearty appetites. It's easy to fix since there's no need to peel the potatoes. The mild, comforting flavor goes nicely with any meat—I especially like it with meat loaf. —Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
- 4 large unpeeled baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Thinly slice the potatoes and place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt butter; stir in the onion, salt, thyme and pepper until onion is coated with butter.
- 2. Spoon over potatoes. Cover and bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 247 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC