This saucy side dish satisfies even hearty appetites. It's easy to fix since there's no need to peel the potatoes. The mild, comforting flavor goes nicely with any meat—I especially like it with meat loaf. —Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
- 4 large unpeeled baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt butter; stir in the onion, salt, thyme and pepper until onion is coated with butter.
- Spoon over potatoes. Cover and bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potato Bake in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p35
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review