Kathryn McCaffery of Camdenton, Missouri says a work associate gave her this layered casserole recipe that jazzes up a boxed mix. "I added more cheese to the dish, and my family loved it," she notes. "I try to make this hearty meal at least one a month."
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Spread one can of pizza sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; layer with half the beef, macaroni and cheese, and cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Repeat layers (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Pizza Macaroni in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p40
Reviews for Cheesy Pizza Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review