Cheesy Pizza Fondue Recipe
While I was growing up, I would sit for hours reading cookbooks from cover to cover. I've carried that love of cooking with me through the years. I found this recipe when we lived in Wisconsin. - Julie Barwick, Mansfield, Ohio.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil or dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Breadsticks, garlic toast and green peppers
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, basil and garlic powder. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- 2. Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with breadsticks, garlic toast and green peppers. Yield: about 5 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC