Cheesy Pizza English Muffins
Plan ahead and you will have a fun dinner in no time. Make these one evening for dinner but make enough to freeze for later use. All you have to do on a busy day would be to pop as many as you want in the oven. Kids will gobble up these trendy little pizzas and ask for more!
36 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) English muffins, split
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste,
- garlic salt, oregano and cayenne. Spread over the cut side of each
- English muffin. Place on baking sheets. Combine the cheeses;
- sprinkle over meat mixture.
- Freeze for up to 3 months or bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 English muffin half equals 145 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium,