- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 7 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepperoni, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; set aside.
- Combine vermicelli and butter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; toss to coat. Pour 1 cup tomato sauce over pasta; top with half of meat mixture. Combine Swiss and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle half over top. Sprinkle with oregano and basil. Layer with remaining meat and cheese mixtures. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cheesy Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"I used ground turkey and turkey pepperoni. For the cheese, I used Italian blend and increased amount to 6 cups, omitting the Swiss cheese. I would increase the oregano and basil to 1 tsp. each."
"Super delicious, easy to make and got great responses from my whole family."
"Fantastic casserole. I did not have vermicelli so I used thin spaghetti. I will definitely make this again."
"This recipe has just a few more ingredients but well worth it!!! Picky eaters love, love, love it!"
"Wonderful..a big hit with my family. Forget to add pepperonis but just put them on top at the end and covered with foil for a couple minutes. Easy to assemble. Will definately make this one again!"