- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 7 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepperoni, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; set aside.
- Combine vermicelli and butter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; toss to coat. Pour 1 cup tomato sauce over pasta; top with half of meat mixture. Combine Swiss and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle half over top. Sprinkle with oregano and basil. Layer with remaining meat and cheese mixtures. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cheesy Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"we felt this was a little dry for us, we'll definitely try again with extra sauce and only pepperoni with no other meats. I also used fresh mushrooms and added black olives."
"I used ground turkey and turkey pepperoni. For the cheese, I used Italian blend and increased amount to 6 cups, omitting the Swiss cheese. I would increase the oregano and basil to 1 tsp. each."
"Super delicious, easy to make and got great responses from my whole family."
"Fantastic casserole. I did not have vermicelli so I used thin spaghetti. I will definitely make this again."
"This recipe has just a few more ingredients but well worth it!!! Picky eaters love, love, love it!"