Cheesy Pita Crisps Recipe
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Split each pita pocket in half. Cut each into two triangles; place split side up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the margarine, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir in the Parmesan cheese. Spread over triangles. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2 triangles) equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.