I first made these golden wedges when my college roommates and I wanted garlic bread but only had pitas on hand. My husband likes this "skinny" version even better than the original! —Christine Mattiko of Dallastown, Pennsylvania
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Split each pita pocket in half. Cut each into two triangles; place split side up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the margarine, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir in the Parmesan cheese. Spread over triangles. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Pita Crisps in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Pita Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review