Cheesy Pepper Quesadillas
Denise Kubinski of Garfield Heights, Ohio came up with this recipe for her employer, a catering firm that serves the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. "We sometimes add grilled chicken," she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- Garlic salt, optional
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Brush butter over both sides of tortillas. Place on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Over half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1 tablespoon
- Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese; layer with
- peppers, onion, garlic salt if desired and remaining cheese. Fold
- tortillas over filling.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cheese
- is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and reduced-fat cheeses) equals 254 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.