Denise Kubinski of Garfield Heights, Ohio came up with this recipe for her employer, a catering firm that serves the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. "We sometimes add grilled chicken," she says.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- Garlic salt, optional
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Brush butter over both sides of tortillas. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Over half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1 tablespoon Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese; layer with peppers, onion, garlic salt if desired and remaining cheese. Fold tortillas over filling.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Pepper Quesadillas in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p9
Reviews for Cheesy Pepper Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2011
"Fantastic, easy recipe. I've been making it since 2005 and love it."