Denise Kubinski of Garfield Heights, Ohio came up with this recipe for her employer, a catering firm that serves the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. "We sometimes add grilled chicken," she says.
Recommended: 47 Meals Your Toddler Will Devour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- Garlic salt, optional
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Brush butter over both sides of tortillas. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Over half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1 tablespoon Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese; layer with peppers, onion, garlic salt if desired and remaining cheese. Fold tortillas over filling.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Pepper Quesadillas in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p9
Reviews for Cheesy Pepper Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review