Cheesy Pasta Salad
This creamy pasta salad came about when I combined ingredients from two different recipes. It got rave reviews when I served it at a baby shower.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Gouda or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, cheese, celery and grapes.
- In a small bowl, combine next seven ingredients. Pour over chicken
- mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve; toss
- with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 384 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.