This creamy pasta salad came about when I combined ingredients from two different recipes. It got rave reviews when I served it at a baby shower.
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Gouda or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, cheese, celery and grapes. In a small bowl, combine next seven ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve; toss with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Pasta Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review