Cheesy Pasta Casserole Recipe
This rich, cheesy side dish is such an excellent meal extender that I always keep it in mind whenever I feel my menu needs a boost. It's a quick and easy casserole to fix, and you can easily double the recipe to feed a larger crowd.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic salt and onion salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in the noodles.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 334 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Pasta Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC