Cheesy Pasta Casserole
This rich, cheesy side dish is such an excellent meal extender that I always keep it in mind whenever I feel my menu needs a boost. It's a quick and easy casserole to fix, and you can easily double the recipe to feed a larger crowd.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small
- saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic salt and onion salt
- until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese,
- stirring until melted. Stir in the noodles.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread
- crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 334 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.