Cheesy Party Puffs
The first time I made these puffs for friends, all eight couples asked for the recipe! They're so tasty and quick to make in this busy season-and everyone loves them.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 pieces (5 ounces) string cheese, cut into fourths
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce or ranch salad dressing, optional
- Cut each biscuit in half; flatten each piece into a 2-1/2-in. circle.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center of each. Bring dough around
- cheese; pinch edges to seal.
- Roll in salad dressing. Dip the top of each ball in Parmesan cheese;
- place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- pizza sauce or ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 233 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.