Cheesy Onion Pie Recipe
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until golden brown. In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream. Add the onions, salt and pepper.
- 2. Line a deep-dish 9 in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add egg mixture; sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Seal and flute the edges; cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 425 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Pie
"This was an easy, delicious dish. Not too expensive to make and I had a great time working on my pie crust skills. I would really recommend trying this recipe out if you're looking for something a little different for a potluck or brunch. We ate it for dinner and it was great."