- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the first six ingredients in a bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; pat into a 10-in. circle. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in butter in a large skillet until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Add garlic and Italian seasoning; cook 1 minute longer.
- Make deep indentations 1 in. apart in dough, using the end of a wooden spoon handle. Top with onions and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Onion Focaccia in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p37
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2008
"An easy recipe that makes any Italian meal complete!"