- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Toss chicken with seasoning blend. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. In same pan, add remaining oil, pepper and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Chicken Skillet
"Very easy to assemble. We didn't have Mrs. Dash, so we used a similar salt substitute. We also used a different shredded cheese combination. The beauty of this recipe is that it can accept variety and substitutions."
"I love this! It's yummy and really good as the protein part of a meal. I add just a tad bit of water to the skillet to make it not quite so sticky and kinda deglaze the skillet a bit."
"I made this tonight following the directions to a t. I did not get the browning shown in the photo. I used a Calphalon pan and maybe that is why. Perhaps a cast iron pan may have worked better. I thought it was just okay. I would not make this again."