- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Toss chicken with seasoning blend. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. In same pan, add remaining oil, pepper and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Chicken Skillet
"Very easy to assemble. We didn't have Mrs. Dash, so we used a similar salt substitute. We also used a different shredded cheese combination. The beauty of this recipe is that it can accept variety and substitutions."
"My husband really liked this, and I thought it was pretty good, but was missing something. He is supposed to eat less sodium, and the Mrs. Dash really helped with that! Good recipe that was quick, easy, and tasty!"
"I love this! It's yummy and really good as the protein part of a meal. I add just a tad bit of water to the skillet to make it not quite so sticky and kinda deglaze the skillet a bit."
"This was a quick and easy idea; tasty although not anything spectacular. It's a good, quick meal for rushed weeknights. I used more veggies than called for - one and a half green peppers and a whole onion. I'm sure I'll make this again."
"I made this tonight following the directions to a t. I did not get the browning shown in the photo. I used a Calphalon pan and maybe that is why. Perhaps a cast iron pan may have worked better. I thought it was just okay. I would not make this again."