Cheesy Onion Bread Recipe
It's impossible to stop nibbling on warm pieces of this cheesy onion bread. The sliced loaf fans out for a fun presentation.
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) sourdough bread
- 1 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise in a curvy pattern without cutting through the bottom crust. Insert cheese between cuts. Combine onions, butter and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- 2. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Bread
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2012
"Great finger food-----good evan room temperature-----always a big hit------wrap in nonstick foil (it works better)"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC