Cheesy Onion Bread
It's impossible to stop nibbling on warm pieces of this cheesy onion bread. The sliced loaf fans out for a fun presentation.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) sourdough bread
- 1 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise in a curvy pattern without
- cutting through the bottom crust. Insert cheese between cuts.
- Combine onions, butter and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15
- minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.