- 1 unsliced round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) sourdough bread
- 1 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise in a curvy pattern without cutting through the bottom crust. Insert cheese between cuts. Combine onions, butter and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Onion Bread in Taste of Home's Halloween Annual 2006, p47
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2012
"Great finger food-----good evan room temperature-----always a big hit------wrap in nonstick foil (it works better)"