Cheesy Onion Biscuits Recipe
Fresh from our Test Kitchen, these scone-shaped biscuits have a savory onion-and-cheddar flavor and a golden shell. Serve them with a pat of butter alongside your favorite soup.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1. Place onion in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until tender. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and onion. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out into a 4-in. circle; cut into four wedges. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
1 each: 150 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC